LAKE FOREST, Ill., April 11, 2017 - Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) announced today the recipients of its safety award program for 2016. The purpose of the program is to encourage, recognize and reward employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety performance through promoting and practicing safety awareness as well as identifying and eliminating risks, ultimately minimizing workplace incidents and injuries.
All Brunswick manufacturing, engineering and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for such recognition. For 2016, two facilities won the Chairman's Safety Award, and each will direct a $10,000 donation to a local charity of its choice. The Chairman's Safety Award is selected and presented by Brunswick senior management to the most outstanding performers.
The two facilities that have won the prestigious Chairman's Safety Award for 2016 include:
- Oshkosh, Wis. - Mercury Marine, and
- Fresno, Calif. - Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center.
Also for 2016, the Company is initiating the Brunswick Award for Sustained Safety Performance to acknowledge operations that consistently achieve among the highest safety performance levels over an extended period. Five facilities were honored with this recognition, and will each direct a $2,500 donation to a local charity of its choice. They include:
- Suzhou, People's Republic of China - Mercury Marine Plant 58
- Edgewater, Fla. - Brunswick Commercial and Governmental Products
- Juarez, Mexico - Mercury Plant 22
- Taycheedah, Wis. - Mercury Racing Plant 36, and
- Bangor, Northern Ireland - Whale.
Additionally, 17 other facilities were recognized with Distinguished Safety Awards for their 2016 safety performance. The separate Distinguished Safety Award designation is achieved by meeting specific safety performance results, which include incident rates and other Brunswick criteria. Those cited include:
- Dandenong, Australia - Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center
- Dandridge, Tenn. - Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Eagan, Minn. - Land 'N' Sea
- Falmouth, Ky. - Life Fitness Hammer Strength
- Fresno, Calif. - Mercury Marine Plant 75 Regional Distribution Center
- Houston, Tex. - Land 'N' Sea
- Kent, Wash. - Land 'N' Sea
- Lowell, Mich. - Attwood
- Medway, Mass. - Cybex
- Merritt Island, Fla. - Brunswick Recreational Boats Sykes Creek
- Miami, Fla. - Mercury Marine Plant 85 Regional Distribution Center
- Milton, Ont., Canada - Mercury Marine Plant 20 Regional Distribution Center
- Pompano Beach, Fla. - Land 'N' Sea
- Princeville, Quebec, Canada - Freshwater Boats Princecraft
- Reynosa, Mexico - Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Shreveport, La. - Land 'N' Sea, and
- Vonore, Tenn. - Brunswick Recreational Boats Tellico
In all, 37 facilities were cited by Brunswick for achieving no lost-time incidents during 2016, though 13 of those facilities did not meet all the criteria to qualify for further distinction.
"Safety is everyone's responsibility and concern at Brunswick. Each day we strive to ensure the safety of our employees and the well-being of the communities in which they live and work. Our congratulations to these facilities and their employees on their high standards and tremendous accomplishments," Brunswick Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark D. Schwabero said.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., Brunswick Corporation's leading consumer brands include Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; MotorGuide trolling motors; Attwood, Garelick and Whale marine parts and accessories; Land 'N' Sea, Kellogg Marine, Payne's Marine and BLA parts and accessories distributors; Bayliner, Boston Whaler, Brunswick Commercial and Government Products, Crestliner, Cypress Cay, Harris, Lowe, Lund, Meridian, Princecraft, Quicksilver, Rayglass, Sea Ray, Thunder Jet and Uttern; Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group and SCIFIT fitness equipment; InMovement products and services for productive well-being; and Brunswick billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture. For more information, visit http://www.brunswick.com.
|Contact: Daniel Kubera|
|Director - Media Relations and Corporate Communications|